SFB/TRR 45 Summer School, July 9--13 2018, Mainz, Germany
This summer school is intended for advanced master students, PhD students, and younger researchers in algebraic geometry.
The purpose is to familiarize the participants with techniques from Hodge Theory, in particular mixed Hodge modules, and their applications to problems in birational geometry.
Mihnea Popa (Northwestern) (mini-course)
Mircea Mustata (Michigan) (mini-course)
Florian Ivorra (Rennes) (mini-course)
Jean Babtiste Teissier (Leuven) (intro nearby cycles)
Nero Budur (Leuven)
Christian Schnell (Stony Brook)
Lei Wu (Utah) (exercise sessions)
Manuel Blickle (Mainz) (email@example.com)
Registration and financial support
Full financial support is available for members of the SFB/TRR 45. There is limited financial support available for local expenses (hotel costs) only. Please indicate on the application form if you require financial support:
Please register for the summer school before June 15, 2018. To be considered for financial support, please register before May 15, 2018
With questions of non-mathemematical nature please contact our secretarial support Ms Gonska (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|9:00-10:00||Registration||Popa 1||Popa 2||Popa 3||Budur|
||Coffee break||Coffee break||Coffee break||Coffee break|
|10:30-11:30||Ivorra 1||Ivorra 2||Ivorra 3||Teissier 1||Teissier 2|
|11:45-12:45||Mustata 1||Mustata 2||Mustata 3||Schnell 1||Schnell 2|
|16:00-16:30||Coffee break||Coffee break||Free afternoon
Closest airport is located at Frankfurt/Main. From there, there are frequent trains to Mainz central station (Hauptbahnhof). One possibility would be to take the S8 from Frankfurt airport to Mainz.
The following lines serve the university from the main station (get off at the stop "Friedrich-von-Pfeiffer-Weg"):
- tram 51 (towards Lerchenberg)
- tram 53 (towards Lerchenberg)
- bus 54 (towards Klein-Winternheim)
- bus 55 (towards Finthen)
- bus 56 (towards Finthen/Wackernheim)
- tram 59 (towards Hochschule Mainz)
- bus 75 (towards Schwabenheim/Ingelheim)
- bus 650 (towards Sprendlingen)
From the stop, walk over the pedestrian bridge to the university campus and follow the street to the right. After about 100 meters there is a left curve. After passing the Mensa (campus cafeteria) you see the Mathematics building right in front of you. (The walk is about 10 minutes.)
All lectures will take place at the Institute of Mathematics of the University of Mainz, Staudinger Weg 9, in room 05-426.
Suggestions for the evenings and Wednesday afternoon:
- There will be a dinner in a restaurant organized on Wednesday (probably at Heiliggeist, to be confirmed). We will meet at 19.00 inside the restaurant (so that we do not block the street waiting altogether outside). If you are interested to come, then please inform the organizers by Tuesday evening.
- For Wednesday afternoon, if you want to visit the city we recommend you visit the Gutenberg museum, the Mainz cathedral, and the St. Stephan church. However, if you prefer to walk outside the city, you can either hike along the Rhein (see here for more information) or else here is a pleasant walk that you can do in three/four hours.
- Here is a list of some nice places where you can eat in Mainz: Heiliggeist, Mosch Mosch, Lomo, Bully's burgers, Pomp, Sausalitos, Santiago, Buddha, Niko Niko Tei, Burgerladen, Thai Express.